We are pleased to release a pre-alpha version of SourceBans 2 for public preview. SourceBans 2 is still under heavy development, and we may introduce significant changes without prior notice. Please use it for testing purposes only.
There are still several bugs and missing features, but we encourage you to play around with the application, and give us feedback. While documentation is in the works, installation still consists of uploading the contents of the “web” folder to a web server and visitinghttp://hostname/sourcebans/install. As this is an early preview, there is no upgrade path for SourceBans 1 yet.
See the SourceMod forums for details and download:
we have released a beta version of the SourceMod plugin for our upcoming 1.5.0 release. It has been rewritten to be more robust and offers better support for third party plugins. Read the full write up on the SourceMod forums and feel free to take it for a spin!
As we want to inform as many people as possible when we release new updates and patches, we have setup a SteamGroup for SourceBans which you can join. Here we will post announcements and important updates to SourceBans.
We have also moved our Forums to the Allied Modders Forums to better integrate and connect SourceBans with other SourceMod members. As of now, please post suggestion, requests and feedback in here.
A new feature and maintenance update for SourceBans has been released. This updates adds support for global overrides and group overrides as well as CS:GO.
You’re now able to add server-only admins with no web permissions by leaving out password and email address.
There are two more security fixes included, fixing a XSS vulnerability reported by NightlyDev and a LFI exploit, which was only accessible for users with owner permissions.
You’re recommened to update as soon as possible!
(21/09/12): Version 1.4.10
01. * Added support for global overrides
02. * Added support for group overrides
03. * Added option to add admins without a password and email set, if they don’t have any web permissions
04. * Added mod support for CS:GO
05. * Added basic link parsing in comments. Pasted links are now clickable
06. + Fixed trying to unban badly formated steamids for games not using STEAM_0: but STEAM_1: or similar. Steam Universe is specified per mod.
07. + Added filesize of demo on download to enable browsers estimate the download time
08. + Trimmed whitespace from submission form input
09. + Added option to add disabled mods
10. + Servers are now sorted by serverid in the server list
11. + (Plugin) Enhanced sm_ban to use everything after the 2nd argument (time) as the reason. No “quotes” required.
12. ! (Plugin) Fixed creating another admin user if there already is one
13. ! Fixed a XSS vulnerability in the breadcrumbs. (Thanks NightlyDev)
14. ! Fixed LFI exploit for root admins
15. ! Fixed not rehashing all servers on some installs
16. ! Fixed case-sensitive search for “rcon_password” in rcon console
17. ! Fixed not showing expired bans as expired if the timezone of mysql and php differs. (That should NEVER be the case!)
18. ! Fixed visual glitch on the theme selection page showing an empty theme
19. ! Fixed community group banning failing for groups with more than 50 members
20. ! Fixed sql error when editing server rcon, if password contains a ‘?’
21. ! Fixed not showing players with quotes in their name on the server player list
22. ! Fixed not being able to kick/ban some players from the web directly. (not on the server anymore, while they actually are)
23. ! Fixed not checking for duplicated mods on mod edit/add
24. ! Fixed trying to use an invalid socket in CServerInfo causing ugly ajax errors instead of a clean “Error connecting”
25. ! Fixed showing 1.1.1970 as last login time, if user never logged in before
26. ? Removed unnecassary query in admingroup editform
27. ? Added link to FAQ to “Error connecting” message for admins
28. ? Updated IpToCountry.csv
A new maintenance update for SourceBans has been released.
This addresses some more serious security issues that have been reported by endreu and Qabandi. Thanks to those again!
You’re recommened to upgrade as soon as possible.
(18/11/11): Version 1.4.9
01. * Added mod support for Alien Swarm, CSPromod, E.Y.E and Nuclear Dawn
02. + Added admin name to dublicate admindetails error message
03. + Permission to permaban now follows sm_unban permission, even when sm_unban is overridden. (Thanks psychonic)
04. ! Fixed problem with lost password page (Thanks to Qabandi)
05. ! Fixed SQL injection exploit (Thanks to endreu)
06. ! Fixed status regex to handle the new formatted “status” command output.
07. ! Fixed some log spaming bugs in the plugin (SQL_FetchRow)
09. ! Fixed searching for a name containing a questionmark in the quick search causes sql error
10. ! Fixed not checking for dublicates when changing the server ip/port
11. ! Fixed the accordion widget to fail on init on various pages randomly. (Thanks Nephyrin)
12. ! Fixed total bans count isn’t right
13. ? Updated IpToCountry.csv