SourceBans is a free global administration and banning system for Source engine based servers.
When running SourceBans web interface and the SourceMod plugin together, you will be able to instantly ban people from all of the servers you have added into the system. Once you either ban a player from the server, or though the web interface, the specified player will instantly be banned across all of your communities` servers. You will no longer need to add the STEAM Id's of users to all of your servers` config files, and keep the configs synced and updated after each ban.
we have released a beta version of the SourceMod plugin for our upcoming 1.5.0 release. It has been rewritten to be more robust and offers better support for third party plugins. Read the full write up on the SourceMod forums and feel free to take it for a spin!
As we want to inform as many people as possible when we release new updates and patches, we have setup a SteamGroup for SourceBans which you can join. Here we will post announcements and important updates to SourceBans.
We have also moved our Forums to the Allied Modders Forums to better integrate and connect SourceBans with other SourceMod members. As of now, please post suggestion, requests and feedback in here.
A new feature and maintenance update for SourceBans has been released. This updates adds support for global overrides and group overrides as well as CS:GO.
You're now able to add server-only admins with no web permissions by leaving out password and email address.
There are two more security fixes included, fixing a XSS vulnerability reported by NightlyDev and a LFI exploit, which was only accessible for users with owner permissions.
You're recommened to update as soon as possible!
(21/09/12): Version 1.4.10
01. * Added support for global overrides
02. * Added support for group overrides
03. * Added option to add admins without a password and email set, if they don't have any web permissions
04. * Added mod support for CS:GO
05. * Added basic link parsing in comments. Pasted links are now clickable
06. + Fixed trying to unban badly formated steamids for games not using STEAM_0: but STEAM_1: or similar. Steam Universe is specified per mod.
07. + Added filesize of demo on download to enable browsers estimate the download time
08. + Trimmed whitespace from submission form input
09. + Added option to add disabled mods
10. + Servers are now sorted by serverid in the server list
11. + (Plugin) Enhanced sm_ban to use everything after the 2nd argument (time) as the reason. No "quotes" required.
A new maintenance update for SourceBans has been released.
This addresses some more serious security issues that have been reported by endreu and Qabandi. Thanks to those again!
You're recommened to upgrade as soon as possible.
(18/11/11): Version 1.4.9
01. * Added mod support for Alien Swarm, CSPromod, E.Y.E and Nuclear Dawn
02. + Added admin name to dublicate admindetails error message
03. + Permission to permaban now follows sm_unban permission, even when sm_unban is overridden. (Thanks psychonic)
04. ! Fixed problem with lost password page (Thanks to Qabandi)
05. ! Fixed SQL injection exploit (Thanks to endreu)
06. ! Fixed status regex to handle the new formatted "status" command output.
07. ! Fixed some log spaming bugs in the plugin (SQL_FetchRow)
09. ! Fixed searching for a name containing a questionmark in the quick search causes sql error
10. ! Fixed not checking for dublicates when changing the server ip/port
11. ! Fixed the accordion widget to fail on init on various pages randomly. (Thanks Nephyrin)
12. ! Fixed total bans count isn't right
13. ? Updated IpToCountry.csv
gameME Stats, the global ranking and statistics system for HL1 and HL2 based games can now synchronize player bans from SourceBans automatically and integrate these into gameME Stats. Banned players will be hidden from the ranking, listed on the banlist and marked on gameME Stats webpages.
Every account is sychronized once a day and only permanent bans are integrated. If a player is unbanned, this is recognized as well and unbanned players are not hidden anymore from the ranking and displayed normally on the webpages again.
Player bans imported to a gameME Stats account are not transfered to other gameME Stats accounts. Also, the bans won't be added to the gameME VAC banlist.
To active gameME Stats SourceBans sychronisation it is only required for gameME owners to setup the option "Sourcebans URL" within the account options to point to your SourceBans webpage. The bans will be sychronized automatically within one day.
The team has also integrated support for SourceTV enabled gameservers now.
More information on gameME can be found on www.gameme.com